Monday, November 28, 2016

Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps

My boyfriend is obsessed with buffalo anything.  He literally puts hot sauce on EVERYTHING! I was trying to find recipes to make this week for our meal plan and I thought of buffalo chicken wraps.  I am always trying to find ways to save my yellow containers though so I thought maybe we could use lettuce wraps instead.  He is pretty tolerate of my "clean eating" ways but some things he just won't do and usually having lettuce instead of buns or wraps is on the no list.  I found this container of romaine leaves at Walmart and they are PERFECT because they are ready to go.  I used to try and buy the romaine bunches but some were too small or they were ripped, etc so they didn't work well.  These are designed to be used this way!  

This was a very easy set it and forget it meal.  It was also hubby approved and boot-camp approved so that's a HUGE win in my book.  It definitely is getting added to the regular rotation.  Plus there are so many different ways you could mix it up.   


It almost isn't even a recipe.  I just threw one pound of chicken breast into a crock-pot with about a cup of hot sauce and 1/4 cup of OPA Greek Yogurt Ranch.  Then I cooked it on low for 6-8 hours until I could shred it with a fork.  Remove the chicken and shred with 2 forks or a mixer, draining hot sauce liquid from crock-pot and then add chicken back in.  Add more hot sauce to coat and add a little "sauce"(about 1/4 cup).  Then we just filled some romaine lettuce leaves with the chicken, topped it with shredded pepper-jack cheese and a drizzle of the OPA Greek Yogurt dressing and ENJOY! 

If you are following the 21 Day Fix Meal plan for one lettuce wrap the containers are

1 green (probably is really only 1/2 green for 1 leaf)
1 red (chicken)
1/2 blue (cheese)
1/2 orange (dressing) (accounts for topping and added during cooking)

*I did use the containers to measure the cheese and the chicken.  

    



No comments :

Post a Comment