Wednesday, June 29, 2016

My new pasta obsession!



We are big pasta eaters in my house.  It is so easy and affordable and there are a bazillion ways to make it.  A few months ago a challenger told me about these brown rice/quinoa noodles and I was slightly skeptical.  I mean...pasta is pasta! 

I found these at our local Aldi so I decided to give them a try.  I am happy to say they will now be a staple in my pantry at ALL times.  With only two ingredients : Organic Brown Rice and Organic Quinoa they are very clean and actually taste like real noodles. I will be stocking up next time I go to the store and I can't wait to try them in my pasta salad recipe.   I actually feel like I am not as full and heavy like I am after eating pasta.  

The best part is that they still fit into my meal plan!!  I added spaghetti sauce with limited ingredients, some ground turkey and seasoned up the sauce with garlic, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes for extra yum.  I added some shredded mozzarella on top but forgot to take a pic of that (that's what the blue container is for)
Ingredients:
-1 pound ground turkey or ground turkey sausage

-1 jar spaghetti sauce or marinara (try to find one with as little ingredients as possible)

-1 bag of brown rice/quinoa noodles

-shredded mozzarella (optional)

Directions:
1. Brown meat in skillet and drain any fat
2. Add sauce to skillet and heat through
3. Boil pasta according to bag, drain.
4. Mix cooked pasta into skillet with meat sauce and stir.
5. Serve and sprinkle with shredded cheese if desired.

One serving is 1 yellow, 1 purple, 1 red, 1 blue (if using cheese)

No comments :

Post a Comment